Alaska SR22 Insurance Quotes & SR22 Filing Information

DUI laws and penalties, fines, license suspension, sr22 filing

If you have been convicted of DWI / DUI or Refusal to Submit in the State of Alaska, you will be required to file an SR22 form with the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles. This means that you will need to buy SR22 insurance.

How long you will need to carry SR22 insurance depends on how many DUI offenses you've had:

  • First Offense DUI or Refusal - SR22 required for 5 years
  • Second Offense DUI or Refusal - SR22 required for 10 years
  • Third Offense DUI or Refusal - SR22 required for 20 years
  • Fourth Offense DUI or Refusal - SR22 required for life

How to Get Alaska SR22 Insurance

We have worked to make finding Alaska SR22 insurance as easy as possible. Simply enter your Alaska zip code into our online quote form and we will provide you with the best possible SR22 rates in Alaska.

How to Get Your Alaska Driver's License Reinstated

To get your Alaska driver's license back after a DUI, you need to apply for a new license at a DMV office. Alaska's reinstatement requirements include:

  • Complete the court-ordered alcohol education and rehabilitation treatment program (ASAP).
  • Buy SR22 insurance and file the SR22 form.
  • Pay a reinstatement fee of $200-$500.
  • Pass a written test, vision test, and possibly a road test.
  • Provide proof of ignition interlock compliance.
  • Provide proof of identification (U.S. birth certificate, passport, Alaska ID card, or military identification.)

Note: If your revocation happened prior to 1993, you may need to fill out a request form, to have your revocation terminated.

Alaska Ignition Interlock Law

After a DUI revocation, you must have an ignition interlock device (IID) installed in your vehicle in order to get your driving privilege back. Once you get your license back, you will be restricted to ignition interlock driving for a period of time set by the court. For first time offenders, this is usually at least 12 months. If you do not own a vehicle, you must find a vehicle that you can install the interlock in, even if you do not own it. You must show proof of installation in order to get your license back. Once your ignition interlock restriction period is over, you can get a duplicate driver’s license with the restriction removed.

Click here for a list of ignition interlock providers in Alaska.

For More Information:

For more information, you can email the Alaska DMV directly at You can also call 907-465-4361.

For more information:

Your insurance company should be able to answer your questions. You can also email the Alaska DMV directly at or call the DMV at 855-269-5551 (or 907-269-5551 from outside of Alaska).



Additional Alaska DUI Resources