Colorado SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Colorado & Find the Lowest Price Policies
If your Colorado driver’s license has been suspended or revoked because of a DUI or related offense, you will need to file an SR22 form in order to get your license reinstated. This means that you will need to find an insurance company that offers Colorado SR22 insurance.
The length of one’s Colorado SR22 requirement depends on the offense:
|DUI Offense||Length of SR22|
|1st Offense DUI or Per Se with no other alcohol convictions or revocations||3 months|
|2nd Offense DUI or Per Se||3 years|
|3rd Offense DUI or Per Se||3 years|
|DUI or Per Se involving an accident||3 years|
|1st Offense Refusal to Submit||1 year|
|2nd Offense Refusal to Submit||3 years|
|3rd Offense Refusal to Submit||3 years|
|Refusal to Submit with any prior alcohol conviction||3 years|
|Refusal to Submit involving an accident||3 years|
|2nd Offense Under 21 Per Se||6 months|
|3rd Offense Under 21 Per Se||1 year|
|Under 21 DUI or DWAI||1 year|
|Under 21 DUI or DWAI involving an accident||3 years|
|2 alcohol violations within 5 years||3 years|
|3 alcohol violations in lifetime||3 years|
How to Get Your Colorado SR22
SR22 insurance doesn’t have to be a long and complicated process. Let us help you. We have partnered with the top SR22 insurance provider in Colorado to make this process as quick and simple as possible for you. Our insurance partner can write an SR22 policy no matter where you live in the state, from Fort Collins, Greeley, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs. It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, they can help you get your SR22 filed and get you back on the road.
We work with an the top insurance Broker in Colorado who can give you quotes from every insurance company that offers SR22 insurance within the state of Colorado. Our insurance partner can write an SR22 policy no matter where you live in the state, from Fort Collins, Greeley, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs. It doesn’t matter where you live in the state, they can help you get your SR22 filed and get you back on the road.
How to Get Your Colorado Driver’s License Reinstated
In order to reinstate your Colorado driver’s license after a DUI suspension / revocation, you will need to buy SR22 insurance. Then, complete an Application for Reinstatement. Then mail your application, your SR22 form, and a $95 reinstatement fee to the DMV.
It can take 20 business days to process a reinstatement, so you will want to begin the process before your suspension / revocation period is over. The DMV will mail you a letter of clearance when your reinstatement is complete. You can then apply for a new license. You may need to retake your written, vision, and road tests.
If your BAC was 0.17 or higher, you will also be required to complete a Level II alcohol education and therapy course before reinstatement.
Colorado Ignition Interlock Laws
You may be eligible for early reinstatement with ignition interlock if:
- This is your first DUI / Per Se offense and you have served at least 30 days of your suspension. You would then be restricted to interlock driving for 8 months.
- Your license has been revoked for a DUI / Per Se and you have already served at least 1 year of your revocation.
- To inquire about early reinstatement with interlock, call Driver Services at 303-205-5613.
There is also a mandatory 2-year interlock requirement in the following cases:
- First offense with a BAC of 0.17 or higher (2 years)
- Second offense DUI within 5 years (2 years)
- Second offense Per Se in lifetime (2 years)
- Third offense DUI or Per Se in lifetime (2 years)
- Habitual Traffic Offender with one alcohol-related driving offense after 7/1/2000 (4 years)
- Second offense Refusal to Submit (1 year)
- Third offense Refusal to Submit (2 years)
For More Information:
For more information, call the Colorado DMV at 1-800-777-0133 (TTY 1-800-368-4327).
Additional Colorado DUI Resources
- Colorado DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Colorado.
- Colorado DUI Classes – Get signed up for your dui class now.
- Colorado SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Colorado SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Colorado SR22 insurance.
- Colorado DUI Lawyers – Contact one of our Colorado DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case.
- Colorado Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Colorado bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Colorado Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.