Delaware SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Delaware & Find the Lowest Price Policies
SR22 insurance is a high risk liability insurance that many states require of DUI / DWI offenders. Delaware is not one of these states. If you live in Delaware and your DUI happened in Delaware, you do not need to worry about SR22 insurance.
However, if you live in Delaware, but you were caught drunk driving elsewhere, you may have to file proof of SR22 insurance in the state where the incident occurred. Also, if you get a DUI in Delaware, and you then move to another state, your new state of residence may require SR22 insurance. For state-specific laws, check with the appropriate agency.
How to Get Your Delaware Driver’s License Reinstated after a DUI
To get your Delaware driver’s license reinstated after a DUI, you need to do the following:
- Complete alcohol education program
- Pay $143.75 reinstatement fee
- Possibly complete a Character Background Review
- Possibly retake your license examinations
Delaware Ignition Interlock Law
If this is your first offense DUI, you may be eligible for an ignition interlock diversion. When you go to court, you can choose to enroll in the “First Offender Program”. If you do, then after 1 month of your revocation, you will be able to apply for an IID (ignition interlock device) license, which will restrict you to interlock driving for 5 months. You will then be eligible for full reinstatement.
If you refused to submit to a test, or this is a subsequent DUI, you can still apply for an IID license. You must first serve part of your revocation period (2 months for a 1 year revocation, 6 months for an 18 month revocation, or 1 year for a 2 year revocation). When you apply for an IID license, you agree to extend your revocation period by 2 months, but you will be able to drive for this entire period of time, as long as you are driving an interlock-equipped vehicle.
IID installation costs $70. There is then a $75 per month rental fee.
For More Information:
For more information, call the Delaware DMV at 302-744-2508. You can also email the DMV at DMVCustomerService@state.de.us.
Additional Delaware DUI Resources
- Delaware DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Delaware.
- Delaware DUI Classes – Get signed up for your dui class now.
- Delaware SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Delaware SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Delaware SR22 insurance.
- Delaware DUI Lawyers – Contact one of our Delaware DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case.
- Delaware Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Delaware bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Delaware Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.