Mississippi SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Mississippi & Find the Lowest Price Policies
The State of Mississippi requires DUI offenders to purchase SR22 insurance and to file an SR22 form with the Department of Public Safety. This form is also called “proof of future financial responsibility.” It proves to the State that you are indeed insured for the minimum legal requirements.
Mississippi requires DUI offenders to carry SR22 insurance for 3 years from the date of their ticket. If, for any reason, your SR22 insurance coverage is interrupted during those 3 years, the policy requires your insurance company to notify the Department of Public Safety by filing an SR26 form.
How to Get Mississippi SR22 Insurance
To get your Finding auto insurance coverage along with an insurance company that can provide you with an SR-22 filing in Alabama can be tough, not to mention costly if you choose the wrong provider. We can help you make this process a lot easier. We have partnered with the nations leading high-risk insurance and SR-22 filing provider to offer our visitors a special discount rate on their SR22 insurance and filings.
How to Get Your Mississippi Driver’s License Back after a DUI
To get your Mississippi driver’s license reinstated after a DUI, you will need to:
- Clear your record at the court.
- Pay a reinstatement fee of $75.
- Wait for the Department of Public Safety to receive confirmation from the court that your record has been cleared. (This may take several weeks. To speed things up, you may wish to mail a copy of the Court Abstract form to Driver Records, 1900 E. Woodrow Wilson, Jackson, MS 39216.)
Once you’ve completed these steps, the DPS will send you a clearance letter and you will be able to get your driver’s license back.
Mississippi Ignition Interlock Law
If this is your first offense, the court may require you to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle(s) and be restricted to interlock driving for at least 1 month following the reinstatement of your license.
If this is your second or subsequent offense, the court will require you to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle(s).
For More Information:
Still have questions? Email them to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety Headquarters at email@example.com. You can also call the DPS at 601-987-1224.
Additional Mississippi DUI Resources
- Mississippi DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Mississippi.
- Mississippi DUI Classes – Get signed up for your DUI class now.
- Mississippi SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Mississippi SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Mississippi SR22 insurance.
- Mississippi DUI Laws & Lawyers – Contact one of our Mississippi DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case. Also review the current state DUI laws.
- Mississippi Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Mississippi bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Mississippi Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.