New Jersey SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for New Jersey & Find the Lowest Price Policies
SR22 insurance is a liability insurance that many states require of drunk drivers. New Jersey is not one of these states.
There is no SR22 insurance requirement in New Jersey!
However, if you live in New Jersey, and you get a DUI in another state, that state may require you to buy SR22 insurance. Similarly, if you get a DUI in New Jersey, and you then move to another state, your new state of residence may require you to buy SR22 insurance.
How to Get New Jersey SR22 Insurance
You can find your specific restoration requirements on your original suspension notice. However, in general, you will need to do the following things in order to get your New Jersey driver’s license restored after a DUI:
- Pay a restoration fee of $100.
- Pay a surcharge to the New Jersey MVC of $1,000 each year for 3 years.
- Possibly install an ignition interlock device.
(Do not drive until you receive written notification of restoration.)
New Jersey Ignition Interlock Law
If this is your first offense DUI and your BAC was greater than 0.15, you will be required to install an IID in your vehicle(s) and be restricted to interlock driving for 6 months.
If this is your second or subsequent offense, you will be required to install an IID in your vehicle(s) and be restricted to interlock driving for 1 to 3 years.
For More Information:
Still have questions? Call the New Jersey MVC directly at 1-609-292-7500.
Additional New Jersey DUI Resources
- New Jersey DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in New Jersey.
- New Jersey DUI Classes – Get signed up for your DUI class now.
- New Jersey SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about New Jersey SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your New Jersey SR22 insurance.
- New Jersey DUI Laws & Lawyers – Contact one of our New Jersey DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case. Also review the current state DUI laws.
- New Jersey Bail Bond Agents – Contact an New Jersey bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- New Jersey Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.