Ohio SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Ohio & Find the Lowest Price Policies
SR22 insurance is a liability insurance that many states require of drunk drivers. Ohio does require SR22 insurance in some instances, but not after an OVI.
If your Ohio driver’s license has been suspended for an OVI, you will need to prove that you have liability insurance, but you do not need to file an SR22, so you don’t need to buy SR22 insurance.
However, if you get an OVI in Ohio, and you then move to a state that does require SR22 insurance, you may then need to carry it in that state. Similarly, if you live in another state, and get an OVI in Ohio, your home state may require SR22 insurance.
How to Get Your Ohio Driver’s License Back
To get your Ohio driver’s license reinstated after an OVI or refusal to test suspension, you need to:
- Show proof of a policy for liability insurance
- Pay a $475 reinstatement fee
- The BMV recommends that you mail your required documents and fees 20 days before the end of your suspension.
Ohio Ignition Interlock Law
If this is your first or second DUI offense, the court may order you to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle(s) if you apply for an occupational license. If this is your third or subsequent offense, the court will order you to install an IID in your vehicle(s) if you apply for an occupational license.
The court may also order any OVI offender to install an IID as a condition of probation.
Ohio Occupational License (Limited Driving Privileges)
You can petition the court for limited driving privileges after serving part of your suspension. If granted, limited driving privileges would allow you to drive to and from work, educational commitments, medical appointments, and possibly other important reasons.
For More Information:
Still have questions? You can contact the Ohio BMV Driver License Information Center directly by calling 614-752-7600.
Additional Ohio DUI Resources
- Ohio DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Ohio.
- Ohio DUI Classes – Get signed up for your dui class now.
- Ohio SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Ohio SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Ohio SR22 insurance.
- Ohio DUI Lawyers – Contact one of our Ohio DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case.
- Ohio Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Ohio bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Ohio Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.