Pennsylvania SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Pennsylvania & Find the Lowest Price Policies
SR22 insurance is a liability insurance that covers other drivers and their vehicles in the event of an accident. Many states require DUI / DWI offenders to carry SR22 insurance. Pennsylvania does not.
There is no SR22 insurance requirement in Pennsylvania.
However, if you live in Pennsylvania, and you get a DUI in another state, that state may require you to buy SR22 insurance. Similarly, if you get a DUI in Pennsylvania, and you then move to another state, your new state of residence may require you to buy SR22 insurance.
How to Get Your Pennsylvania Driver’s License Back
Specific restoration requirements vary, so you will want to check with PennDOT to see exactly what you need to do. You can request your driver’s license restoration requirements letter online here. If this is your second or subsequent offense, you will need to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle(s).
Pennsylvania Occupational Limited License (OLL)
An Occupational Limited License allows a driver to drive a designated vehicle to and from work, medical appointments, or educational commitments.
If this is only your first offense DUI, and your driver’s license was suspended for 1 year, you can apply for an OLL after serving 60 days of your suspension.
If this is your second offense DUI (within 10 years), or your first or second refusal to submit, and your driver’s license was suspended for 18 months, you can apply for an OLL after serving 12 months of the suspension and installing an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
To apply, fill out an Occupational Limited License Petition (form DL-15). You will need to pay the Restoration Fee, pay a $50 application fee, and provide proof of insurance.
Pennsylvania Ignition Interlock Law
If this is your second or subsequent offense, you will be required to install an ignition interlock in each vehicle that you own or operate after serving 1 year of your suspension.
The IID allows you to drive on a limited Ignition Interlock License. PennDOT will mail you a Restoration Requirements Letter and a list of interlock providers when you are eligible to participate in the program.
For More Information:
Still have questions? Call PennDOT’s Customer Call Center at 1-800-932-4600.
Additional Pennsylvania DUI Resources
- Pennsylvania DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania DUI Classes – Get signed up for your dui class now.
- Pennsylvania SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Pennsylvania SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Pennsylvania SR22 insurance.
- Pennsylvania DUI Laws & Lawyers – Contact one of our Pennsylvania DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case. Also find out information regarding Pennsylvania DUI Laws.
- Pennsylvania Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Pennsylvania bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Pennsylvania Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.