Missouri SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Missouri & Find the Lowest Price Policies
The State of Missouri requires DWI offenders to file an SR22 form in order to get their driver’s license reinstated. If you do not own a vehicle, and you do not have regular access to a vehicle that is owned by someone in your household, then you will need to purchase non-owner SR22 insurance.
Missouri SR22 Requirements
The State of Missouri requires those with more than one DWI offense to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in any vehicle that they drive. It is unlikely that you will install an IID in someone else’s vehicle (someone you don’t live with) to only drive it occasionally, so an IID requirement means that you will not be able to file a non-owner SR22 form.
Missouri requires a DWI offender to carry SR22 insurance for two years from the date he or she is eligible to reinstate his or her driver’s license.
The non-owner SR22 policy was designed for the driver who does not own his or her own vehicle, only occasionally drives someone else’s vehicle, and wants to get his or her driver’s license reinstated.
Under a non-owner SR22 insurance policy, if you are ever found at fault in an accident, you have liability coverage for other drivers and vehicles involved, but not for the vehicle that you are driving. You will still want to make sure that the vehicle you drive is insured. Your non-owner SR22 insurance would be secondary to the vehicle’s primary insurance.
Additional Missouri DWI Resources
- Missouri DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Missouri.
- Missouri DUI Classes – Get signed up for your DUI class now.
- Missouri SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Missouri SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Missouri SR22 insurance.
- Missouri DUI Laws & Lawyers – Contact one of our Missouri DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case. Also review the current state DUI laws.
- Missouri Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Missouri bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Missouri Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.