Montana SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for Montana & Find the Lowest Price Policies
SR22 insurance is a specific liability insurance that many states require of drunk drivers. Montana is not one of these states.
There is no SR22 insurance requirement in Montana!
However, if you live in Montana, and you get a DUI (or related offense) in another state, that state may require you to buy SR22 insurance. Similarly, if you get a DUI in Montana, and you then move to another state, your new state may require you to file proof of SR22 insurance.
How to Get Your Montana Driver’s License Back after a DUI
Montana Ignition Interlock Law
If you are convicted of a DUI in Montana, you may be required to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle(s). If this is your second or subsequent offense, and you are issued a probationary license, you will be required to install an IID in your vehicle(s). If this is your fourth or subsequent offense, you will be required to install an IID as a condition of probation.
The costs of the ignition interlock program vary slightly by vendor, but there are set-up fees and a monthly bill of about $75.
Montana Approved IID Vendors:
Mountain Peaks, Inc. 866-453-6784
Consumer Safety Technology, Inc. 877-777-5020
Big Sky Ignition Interlock 406-599-5362
DMB Interlock & Safety Services, Inc. 406-698-7297
Smart Start, Inc. 800-880-3394
For More Information:
Still have questions? Contact the Montana Motor Vehicle Division directly at 406-444-3933 email@example.com.
Additional Montana DUI Resources
- Montana DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in Montana.
- Montana DUI Classes – Get signed up for your DUI class now.
- Montana SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about Montana SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your Montana SR22 insurance.
- Montana DUI Laws & Lawyers – Contact one of our Montana DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case. Also review the current state DUI laws.
- Montana Bail Bond Agents – Contact an Montana bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- Montana Non-owner Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.