New Hampshire Non Owner SR22 Insurance Information

DUI laws and penalties, fines, license suspension, sr22 filing

The State of New Hampshire requires DWI offenders to purchase SR22 insurance. When you purchase SR22 insurance, your insurance company will file an "SR22 form" with the New Hampshire Department of Safety. This form proves to the State that you will be financially responsible if you are ever involved in an accident.

If you do not own a vehicle, you will need to file an Operator's SR22 Certificate of Insurance, commonly called "non-owner SR22 insurance." A non-owner SR22 form proves that, in the event of an accident, you will be able to pay for damages done to other drivers and vehicles involved. A non-owner SR22 policy does not cover damages done to yourself or the vehicle you are driving. You can think of a non-owner SR22 as insurance for your driver's license.

New Hampshire requires SR22 insurance for 3 years. If you have a non-owner SR22 insurance policy, and during those 3 years, you become the owner of a vehicle, you need to change your policy immediately. Be sure to file an updated SR22 before allowing the old one to be canceled.

New Hampshire law allows the courts to order the installation of ignition interlock devices in the vehicles of DWI offenders. If you have an ignition interlock requirement, you will not be able to file a non-owner SR22 insurance form. Non-owner SR22 insurance is only for people without a vehicle or regular access to a vehicle. You will need to have regular access to a vehicle in order to have an ignition interlock device installed in it.

Whether you are shopping for an owner's SR22 insurance policy or for non-owner SR22 insurance, you are in the right place. We know that you want to pay the least amount of money possible while fulfilling your SR22 obligation. To view the lowest SR22 prices in New Hampshire, click on the button below:

Additional New Hampshire DUI Resources