Washington Non Owner SR22 Insurance Information

DUI laws and penalties, fines, license suspension, sr22 filing

The State of Washington requires certain "high-risk" drivers, e.g., those who have had their driver's licenses suspended due to DUI/DWI, to carry SR22 insurance. These drivers must file an SR22 form with the Washington State Department of Licensing as a condition of driver's license reinstatement.

This SR22 form (also known as a "Proof of Financial Responsibility Insurance Certificate") serves as a guarantee from an insurance company to the State that a driver has insurance and will stay insured. If a driver fails to maintain his or her SR22 policy, the SR22 dictates that the insurance company must notify the State.

If one does not own or have regular access to a vehicle, then he or she will need to purchase non-owner SR22 insurance. In this case, the insurance company would provide a "non-owner SR22 form."

How to Get Washington Non-Owner SR22 Insurance

The State of Washington requires SR22 insurance for an extended period of time, usually three years. This is too much time to be paying too much money. We can help you save money. To access the best possible non-owner SR22 insurance rate quote in Washington, just click below:

Non-Owner SR22 Insurance and Ignition Interlock Licenses:

In order to apply for a Washington Ignition Interlock License, you must install an ignition interlock device in any and every vehicle that you drive. In order to install an ignition interlock device in a vehicle, you must have regular access to said vehicle, which means that you will need to carry owner’s SR22 insurance, not non-owner's. As long as you are driving with an ignition interlock device, you are not qualified for non-owner's SR22 insurance.

For More Information:

For more information about Washington non-owner SR22 insurance, contact the Washington State Department of Licensing at 360.902.3900 or drivers@dol.wa.gov.

Additional Washington DUI Resources