West Virginia SR22 Insurance
Find out what requirements you must meet if you need an SR22 for West Virginia & Find the Lowest Price Policies
SR22 insurance is a liability insurance that many states require of DUI / DWI offenders. West Virginia is not one of these states.
There is no SR22 insurance requirement in West Virginia.
However, if you get a DUI in West Virginia and you live in or later move to another state, you may be required to carry SR22 insurance in that state. For state-specific laws, check with the local DMV or comparable agency.
How to Get Your West Virginia Driver’s License Reinstated after a DUI
- Complete a reinstatement application.
- Complete a safety program.
- Complete a treatment program.
- Pay a reinstatement fee.
- If required, install an ignition interlock device.
West Virginia Ignition Interlock Law
Some DUI offenders may choose to participate in West Virginia’s Ignition Interlock Program as a way of driving (with an interlock restriction) before their full suspension period is over.
However, some DUI offenders will be required to install an ignition interlock device as part of their sentencing. For example, if your BAC was .15 or higher, or if you’ve had two or more alcohol-related offenses within 10 years, then you will need to participate in the program.
For More Information:
Still have questions? Call the West Virginia DMV directly at 304-926-2506, 800-642-9066, or (Hearing Impaired) 800-742-6991. You can also email the Commissioner firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional West Virginia DUI Resources
- West Virginia DUI First Offense – Detailed first offense information including punishments after a first offense DUI in West Virginia.
- West Virginia DUI Classes – Get signed up for your dui class now.
- West Virginia SR22 Insurance – Learn everything you need to know about West Virginia SR22 filing requirements with the DMV and find out how you can save hundreds of dollars each year on your West Virginia SR22 insurance.
- West Virginia DUI Laws & Lawyers – Contact one of our West Virginia DUI lawyers today to discuss your pending DUI case. Also find out information regarding West Virginia DUI Laws.
- West Virginia Bail Bond Agents – Contact an West Virginia bail bond agent to get out of jail now.
- West Virginia Non-owner SR22 Insurance – If you need an SR-22 filing, but don’t own a vehicle, you need to get a non-owner policy.