Wyoming SR22 Insurance & Filing Information

DUI laws and penalties, fines, license suspension, sr22 filing

If your driver's license has been suspended for drunk driving, you will need to file an SR22 form in order to get it reinstated. An SR22 form is a certificate of proof of liability insurance. (Click to see a sample SR22.)

When you buy "SR22 insurance," your insurance company will file the SR22 form with the DOT for you, and the DOT will keep this form on file as a way of keeping an eye on you. If, at any time during your SR22 requirement, your SR22 policy is canceled, the policy itself requires the insurance company to alert the DOT that you are no longer insured.

How to Get Wyoming SR22 Insurance:

Trying to find affordable Wyoming SR22 insurance on your own can be time-consuming and frustrating. Let us help you. We have partnered with the top insurance companies in order to bring you the best SR22 rates available. If you enter your zip code into the box below, and answer a few quick questions, we will get back to you with a personalized, no obligation SR22 quote. It only takes a minute, and could save you hundreds of dollars.

How to Get Your Wyoming Driver's License Back after a DUI:

  • File an SR22 form.
  • Pay reinstatement fee.
  • Undergo an alcohol evaluation (after third or subsequent offense).
  • Complete an alcohol treatment program (after third or subsequent offense).
  • Install an ignition interlock device (in some cases).
  • Pass a re-examination of your ability to safely operate a vehicle (in some cases).

Wyoming Ignition Interlock Law:

If this is your first offense DUI and you had a blood-alcohol content of 0.15 or greater, or if this is your second or subsequent DUI, or if you refused to submit to a chemical test, you will be required to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle(s).

An interlock requirement can last anywhere from 6 months to your lifetime.

Here are the companies in Wyoming that provide ignition interlock service:

If you have questions regarding ignition interlock requirements please call 307-777-4871. 

For More Information:

Still have questions? You can contact WYDOT directly through their email form. You can also call them at 307-777-4800.

Additional Wyoming DUI Resources